Check out this comic my friend Alyssa and I did together (she did the art). I think she did some great work on it, but...well, everyone I show it to keeps thinking it's about evolution vs. creationism! It's not, it's about scientism. It's about the bigger issue of assuming that scientists are the big experts on not just science, but everything. I don't know what it is about the writing that has failed to convey that. I'll have to think some more about it.
If any of you have any feedback on how to make the comic's point clearer, that would be great...
EDIT: As you can see from the comments, there hasn't exactly been a resounding response. But still, I'll keep this comic posted up anyway...maybe passing visitors will see it and be amused. I talked about the comic's writing with Lucas a couple days ago, so at least there's one source for feedback. I guess it makes sense that close friends rather than internet strangers would be more inclined to offer some constructive criticism, right?
1 comment:
Yeah, it's the hot-button topic that diverts them from your point. Of course, many evolution-arguing scientists do try to argue from the 'strength' of scientism, too.
Pick something like a guy selling the latest fad diet or exercise format. My maternal grandmother fell for any diet that was plugged with a shred of science-speak.
Post a Comment